BioWare (www.bioware.com), one of the newest members of the incredible family of EA studios, has created some of the world's best-selling titles including the award-winning Baldur's Gate, the Neverwinter Nights series, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Original BioWare-created IPs include Jade Empire, the critically acclaimed Mass Effect, and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood for the Nintendo DS and the epic fantasy RPG IP Dragon Age. BioWare is hard at work on Mass Effect 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic, our massively multiplayer online game being developed at BioWare Austin.
BioWare's games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are in the top 5% highest rated at www.gamerankings.com; in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time! Today BioWare has over 500 staff at its locations and continues to grow.
BioWare is looking for an inspired go-getter to join the Community Team as a Coordinator, supporting our Edmonton studio. The Community Coordinator is responsible for executing BioWare’s Online Community Strategy, managing engagement and interactivity within our audience and fostering community spirit. This role works closely with the Community Manager to support and ensure consistency, cultivating a strong community around the company and its franchises. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operational activities surrounding the reporting and administering of the BioWare online community. The content, tone, and uniformity of messaging are instrumental in keeping the end user engaged. In-depth knowledge of the video game industry and experience with social media from a user-standpoint are key success factors for this position.
- Post content updates on social channels and websites including news updates, announcements, product updates, and contests.
- Monitor external blogs, social networking sites and forums, participating in the conversation as needed.
- Research news stories featuring BioWare content from key media outlets.
- Maintain a neutral and professional online presence, resolving community issues if necessary.
- Assist with drafting reports including community sentiment/activity, metrics, trends, and emergent game play.
- Reach new audiences across various platforms to increase product and brand awareness.
- Support other members of the online team with community-related tasks.
- Excellent communicator who displays a conversational verbal and writing style.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; detail oriented and quality conscious.
- Ability to handle ambiguity in a rapidly changing environment without losing focus.
- Must have capability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Interest and passion for video games (especially RPG/Action-Adventure genres), popular culture, and the entertainment industry.
- Highly creative, resourceful, and visionary.
- 1-3+ years professional work experience (online marketing, communications, public relations or a related field preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent level of training/experience.
- Understands how to leverage social media including Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Wiki, Wordpress etc.
- Proficiency using basic audio/video editing software, Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop), Microsoft Office.
- Experience with HTML and CSS desired.
To apply: send CV and cover letter to email@example.com